Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have itchy bumps on vagina. How to remove this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
I recently have these bumps on the outside of my vagina in between the folds of my leg and my vulva.
They are quite itchy. There are a few bumps that are larger and quite solid.
I have never had this before and it is quite uncomfortable.
They do not hurt, just itch.
They look as if I have a burn almost where it seems the irritation runs into each other
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 18 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us.
Any new lesion in this area should be taken seriously. It could be be a benign thing like infection or certain vulval dermatoses or could be a precancerous lesion.
Hope you have had pap smears in past & that they were all normal.
The easiest way to deal with this problem is to visit a gynecologist and get yourself examined. Your doctor may make a clinical diagnosis or he / she may request some lab test like biopsy to confirm the clinical diagnosis. Your doctor will then suggest an appropriate treatment to you.
Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor