Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Have itchy bumps on anus. How to get rid of this?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
irritation if if i am itching from my anus and have
bumps there as well and its not going away what would it most likely be?
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated details along with mentioned.
Do you have abdominal discomfort/ frequent watery diarrhea/ gargling sound in abdomen/ bleeding per rectum?
Is this itching present in other family members?
Is these bumps are painful in nature?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of Pin worm infestation (Enterobius vermicularis), warts, eczematous dermatitis.
Itching favors pin worm infestation and bump feeling suggests the warts.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon/ dermatologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for per rectal examination for better clarification.
You should also go for complete blood count, stool examination for parasite ova, ultrasound imaging studies.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should apply aleo vera cream, clobetasol ointment, and moisturizer lotion.
You should wear soft cotton undergarments.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have itchy bumps on anus. How to get rid of this? 6 hours later
sometimes there is bleeding when i wipe, no frequent watery diarrhea. no other member has the itching. bumps can get painful after a passing of waste and wiping
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 11 hours later
There could also be possibility of piles (bumps and bleeding favors the diagnosis).
You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ general surgeon.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor