Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Have itchy and red eye. Easy way to get cure?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
my right eye is itchy and a little redyesterday I was outside my house with my mom and friend. we were covering a hole outside my house and as I look up to see if it was fully covered something fell into my eye. it was a little itchy through out the day but nothing too serious not red or anything. today it is a little pinkish red and itchy. I put drops in my eye this morning. the reddness has gone down but it is itchy. it feels as if I have a hair in my eye. I tried to move whatever it is to the front of my eye like a contact but nothing. help?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be either due to Conjunctivitis or due to persistence of the foreign body that fell into your eye last day(which might have lodged in the fornices of the eye).

Management includes:
1. If it is due to presence of foreign body, it has to be removed.
2. Artificial tear drops every 4th hourly.
3. Steroid eye drops to be used if it is allergic in nature.
4. Antibiotic eye drops to be used if it is caused by bacterial infection.
5. Analgesics like paracetamol to relieve pain.

Please do not put any medication in the eyes without consultation.
Eyes being very delicate organs, the symptoms may further aggravate if proper care is not taken.

So, it will be better to consult an Ophthalmologist & get a proper examination done to find out the exact cause of the symptoms.

Wish you a good health & speedy recovery.

Let me know if I need to clarify further.

Thanks & take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor