Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Have itchy and puss leaking skin on butt crack. What is causing this and required cure?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9331 Questions
I have inflamed skin from where my butt crack starts to where my balls start. I guess it started some time age from over whipping with butt whips( the type that come in a little box). Now I have itchy skin that peels and pus (white when dry) leaking from the skin. It doesn't smell terrible like I have heard a yeast infection can smell. I think maybe its an allergy because an are on my butt cheek has a rash. This are on my butt cheek would have been where I touched the skin with the butt whips. Doesn't make scents because I thought those whips where made for that area of the body. The whips are not the "baby" type but, rather the adult whips(lack of a better term).
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
It sounds to me like perianal abscess or inflammated atheroma. Both can be found in this area. I doubt this is allergic reacton or something caused by whips. If this is painful with white pusy discharge you should be treated by antibiotics or surgical drainage, but you definitely shouldnt ignore it because serious infection may develop.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor