Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Have itchy and painful anus. What could it be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1415 Questions
Hi there, i'm a healthy 27 yrs old male. For the last week, my anus as been hitchy and a bit painfull when going to the bathroom. Even after showering and cleaning, I would check with a mirror and see my anus red and someking of a white/gray residue that smells really bad (like poop). What could it be. I am embarrassed about this and kinda scared to talk to my doctor about it.
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 24 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Possible causes are.----
1. Anal fissure. Crack - in simple terms - following passage of hard stools.
2. Fistula - connection between the inside of the rectum and the outside.
3. Piles - engorgement of the veins of the area.

You need physical examination to diagnose. Doctors are not that bad to be scared of.

Till that time, try

1. Stool softeners.
2. High fibre diet.
3. Lignocaine jelly in the area of pain as needed, before and after opening bowels.

Hope this helps,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor