Have itchy and dry groin area. Diagnosed with kidney infection. How to get cured?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Question: used spermicide lubricated condoms months ago and got itchy and dry down there. Went to doctor and they tested my urine and said I had a kidney infection. Put me on medication and I got better. Then used same condoms not knowing they were the problem and ended up getting the itch back again and it wouldn't go away. Figured out it was the condoms. Went back in and ended up on uti meds. Problem didn't go away. Went in and ddoctor said maybe yeast infection and gave me 2 doses of meds. Didn't help. Got so dry it felt like my lady bits were falling out:( hardly could walk. Went on vaginal estrogen and got some moisture back. Now I am completely dry and bleeding and it isn't my period! Haven't had sex with my boyfriend in months. No one can help me and I am in pain!
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 32 minutes later
Normally spermicide does not cause UTI or dryness though it may cause an allergic reaction.Even latex condoms can cause an allergic reaction.You need to have a pelvic examination and a pap smear done ri rule out local cause.Also you seem to be having a severe case of vaginitis for which you need to take some probiotics to balance the vaginal flora.Avoid intercourse completely till you are healed.Local causes need to be ruled out first.See you gynaecologist first so that any local ersoion,ulceration,cervical lesions can be ruled out first.You can continue using the estrogen for the dryness.
But vaginitis will need antibiotics.