Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

190 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have itchy and dry groin area. Diagnosed with kidney infection. How to get cured?

Answered by
Dr. Rhea Chanda


Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3163 Questions

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Question: used spermicide lubricated condoms months ago and got itchy and dry down there. Went to doctor and they tested my urine and said I had a kidney infection. Put me on medication and I got better. Then used same condoms not knowing they were the problem and ended up getting the itch back again and it wouldn't go away. Figured out it was the condoms. Went back in and ended up on uti meds. Problem didn't go away. Went in and ddoctor said maybe yeast infection and gave me 2 doses of meds. Didn't help. Got so dry it felt like my lady bits were falling out:( hardly could walk. Went on vaginal estrogen and got some moisture back. Now I am completely dry and bleeding and it isn't my period! Haven't had sex with my boyfriend in months. No one can help me and I am in pain!
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 32 minutes later
Normally spermicide does not cause UTI or dryness though it may cause an allergic reaction.Even latex condoms can cause an allergic reaction.You need to have a pelvic examination and a pap smear done ri rule out local cause.Also you seem to be having a severe case of vaginitis for which you need to take some probiotics to balance the vaginal flora.Avoid intercourse completely till you are healed.Local causes need to be ruled out first.See you gynaecologist first so that any local ersoion,ulceration,cervical lesions can be ruled out first.You can continue using the estrogen for the dryness.
But vaginitis will need antibiotics.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  HIV

doctor1 MD

hi, im 17 and ive had sex before about 3 months ago i had unprotected sex about 2 months later to now i started feeling like pee was stuck in my shaft no matter how many times i pee, it doesnt burn when i pee and i think tthere was white/cream on the top of my penis and both sides of my penis hole get stuck together too, im not sure if i have an std please help?

doctor1 MD

Im after some advise really
Im 24 I have been having chemotherapy for hodgkins lymphoma for the last 3 years and last september i had a bone marrow transplant from donor cells, all through the treatment i was still having my periods but last year they put me on a tablet which stopped me from bleeding as it was too dangerous. when i stopped this tablet at christmas time i bleed but havent since. the doctors are still hopeful my periods will return and have said i can start taking my contraceptive pill as soon as they do but me and my boyfriend of 4 years both hate using condoms and get no enjoyment out of them and therefore we havent been having a love life really and i dont want to wait up to the year the hospital is saying what are my options?

doctor1 MD

Im having constant head aces. Lower Back aces. No ministration. 2weeks late. Used condoms with my husband could I be pregnant or something else. Been having pain sinve last Friday. Im 2months postpardum with possible thyroid issues. Now incontanance

doctor1 MD

before 8 months i had a sexual contact with prostitute girl without condam, and after 15 days i had pain in my panis and headche to till today.but i did HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases of blood test 2 times nothing can be found,so here iam wondering for good suggestion,can you help me?

doctor1 MD

I just had a mutual masturbation session with a sex worker However she removed her hand from inside her vagina and used it roughly on my penis in a hand job Can I get HIV from this means which I was not able to stop after it occurred to me ?

doctor1 MD

i bought food the food was in a container with a plastic at the top covering the container how ever i notice the plastic on 1 container was slightly open on a container with food inside any RISK for hiv hep b,c

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and is not going away...I had read somewhere in the webmd website that facial rashes are the first sign...