Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have itching and burning sensation while passing urine. What medication can I use for UTI?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
What medication can I use for urine now . Also discomfort along the urinary tract
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your query.
As you are a diabetic patient, you are at high risk of getting infection.
You should follow hygienic practice and try to use toilet if possible for better quality of life.
Ideal antibiotics for Urinary tract infection is decided by urine culture & sensitivity.
Few urine specific antibiotics are Norfloxacin, Nitrofurantoin, Balofloxacin.
You can also use Candid B gel as sometimes local fungal infection are present and may help in faster recovery.
I think this will solve your query.
Put your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor