Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have irregular periods. What is the cause and cure?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4924 Questions
Hi, i have got my period on last month that’s on 8/11/12, i have not got my periods yet, i had same problem earlier also and i met a doctor i did all the check-up was told by the doctor, doctor said i might have polycystic cyst, after all the test confirmed me that i don’t have polycystic cyst, she gave me the tablet after that my periods wear okay for some moths, but again am suffering with same problem, please help me.
Thank you so much.
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

Irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes, like:
-Stress and strain
-Weight changes due to change in diet or exercise pattern
-Hormonal disorders like thyroid abnormalities
-Recent illness
-Poly cystic ovary disease
-Pregnancy etc.
So try to correlate which might be the cause for your problem.
Then consult your gynecologist and discuss regarding that.
According to the cause treatment can be taken.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have irregular periods. What is the cause and cure? 1 hour later
Thank you so much for your reply, I did my XXXXXXX scanning doctor confirmed me there is nothing & I may get my periods in 2 to 3days which is not happened, please advise me should I go XXXXXXX another doctor or should i wait.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

You can consult your regular doctor only and tell her that you didn't get the periods as expected by her.
Then with her advice you can go for progesterone pills to induce withdrawal bleeding.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor