Owl Image

Have irregular period problem. Started spotting and feeling nausea. Chances of pregnancy?

Owl Image
Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Question
Hi ! I am 25 yrs old married . I always had a problems like late periods missed periods i.e iregular periods . since last few months of my marraige i had experienced irregular periods again and this time it was suppopsed on 23.12.2012 it started on the same date with few drops and later it was gone and again on 25.12.2012 it was again came with few drops and i am also having a feeling of nausea . Is it possible because of pregnancy ?
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
You have to tell me when you period occurred before december.
You had spotting on 23/25 december. You need to remember when your period came before that. Pregnancy test will be positive only after you miss a period.

Follow-up: Have irregular period problem. Started spotting and feeling nausea. Chances of pregnancy? 16 hours later
It was irregular for last three months i was taking medicines for that but unfortunately mine was originally to be ocuured on 09 of every month but after taking medicines it came twicw a month on 9 th and 23 rd . last month it was only once on 23 rd and for a good time of Five days .

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 hours later
Well,irregular periods mean that there is a hormonal imbalance.That means that you need to work up a complete hormone profile first.Then you have to be be put on oral pills to regularise the periods.I dont know what medication you have been taking and how.But according to my advice,you will need oc pills for at least 6 cycles regularly.
If thats what you have been taking then either you were taking it the wrong way or the dose is incorrect. Its unlikely that you will be pregnant st this point because these irregular cycles are anovulatory.But rarely does pregnancy occur.If it last came on 23rd nov,for 5 days,then spotting on 23/25 dec,then there may be a chance of pregnancy.Do a urine test for pregnancy.If its negative,then you need to be put on hormones asap.