Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have intermittent pain on upper abdomen. Diagnosed with gallstones but it doesn't hurt. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 922 Questions
I have pain that comes and goes on the left upper abdominal just under the rib.. It just come for a second and goes.. I have been diagnosed with one solitary gallstone before, but it doesnt hurt me at all, but i understand that gallstone pain is on the right!, when should i consider seeing a doctor for this left upper abs pain? It just came yesterday and today.. Sometimes it takes a very long time like 2 or 3 hours untill this 1 second pain comes.. And sometimes it come 2 or 3 times in just 15 minuts.. I dont have any other medical issues and im an athlete, another thing, i always worry if a small symptom happens to me how can i get rid of this trait.. Thank u dr.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 16 days later
Brief Answer:
Reassure yourself, Could Be Gastitis ?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in
I appreciate your concern for your health

As mentioned you have a solitary gallstone, there are patients who suffer from symptoms of gastritis even when their stones are silent

I would suggest you avoid junk and fermented meals and may be if you are used to lifting weights also for your body building, rule out any muscle pull and wait for some days, if this persisits, you may see a doctor

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor