Have intermittent burping and heartburn. On Prilosec and have crackcorn esophagus. What is the cause?

Dr. Pratap VGM

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: burping and heartburn comes and goes been on Prilosec,i have a crackcorn esophagus
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Crackcorn esophagus Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic After reviewing your quiery, we can come to conclusion that you are suffering from esophagial motility disorder. Which means it causes variety of symptoms such as 1. Heart burns 2. Difficulty in swallowing 3. Dyspepsia It needs to be treated with combination of drugs. Prosilac, which contains omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor, only inhibits gastric acid secretion but it never address the basic issue caused due to motility problems. It is recommended to add a pro kinetic drug such as domperidone along with proton pump inhibitor after consulting your doctor once. Secondly antispasmodic drugs like dicyclomine will improve the complaints of difficulty in swallowing Hope this information is helpful Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj