Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Have insomnia. Suffer lack of concentration. Due to mental history facing communication problems. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1321 Questions
I dont know if you can help me but I have nothing to lose at this point. I am a 51 year female going through menopause. At 44 i was perimenopausal. This may be complicated. Bear with me. At the age of 7 I incurred a skull fracture in the left temporal lobe with a concussion due to a bicycle accident. I recovered, but was considered aloof by my teachers in elementary school. In puberty I experienced every other month extreme menstrual cramps. Motrin didn't work. My sister in law gave me 2 shots of whiskey. That was the only thing thing that worked. My breast started to develop normally, then decreased in size. About 15 I developed hair on them and have since gone to electrolosis. I am fair skinned, not of mediteranian origin. I have a history of miscarriage and lack of conceiving, however I am blessed with 2 children, good healthy children that I naturally conceived at the age of 30/31. There is more. Unfortunately, due to my HMO I have established a mental health history which my husband of 30 years and I believe is incorrect. I went after the birth of my second child. I have also gone to neurologists. As a teenager, I could not gain weight. At times, i lack concentration, I have insomnia, I have randomly ringing in my left ear since I was a teenager. I sneeze when eating certain foods, especially at restaurants. i know I cant take MSG. At randon times eye focusing is difficult. I wear glasses since 16.I confuse my left side and right side at times. An EMG revealed that my right arm is 30% stronger than my left. I am left handed. The local endocrinologist will not take me as a patient since my mother never took me to one before. I dont have an established endocrinology history. I have minor symptoms and now vertically oriented calification over the posterior paraspinous soft tissue associated with the dorsal spinous process.. something call heterotopic ossification related to a prior ligamentous injury. Unfortunately, due to the mental health history,which my husband and I believe is incorrect, I am now experiencing communication problems with my current doctors. Please advise.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 2 hours later
Hello mam,
Thank you for your query.
I can tell you that the impact you had in your childhood is playing an important role at present in your life.
The first thing you need to do is being brave to face the situation.But the truth is there is nothing much to worry about your health condition as if now nothing significant organic lesion is pointing out at your current symptoms.The only thing i noticed in your history is that you are experiencing communication problems with your doctors.But as if i can see in your history you gave a very detailed description of each and every aspect of your life.
The best treatment for you in my knowledge is cognitive behavioral therapy.Consult a psychiatrist for further details about that which might help you.
I observed in your history that your are very good in explaining things clear so just consult your doctor and communicate with him in the same manner you did it here.Hope your problem will be solved soon with help of your doctor too.If needed they may also advice you to have a CT scan or MRI brain to know in detail if there is something important to know about.

Hope i answered your question.
Please let me know if you have further queries.

Wish you a good health.Take care.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor