Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Have insensitive penis. How to overcome this problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Geriatrics Specialist
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 384 Questions
My boyfriend has an insensitive penis which he has had for the last 20 years. At present he has to masturbate to release his semen. He has asked me if I can help him to overcome this problem, but as I do not know the answer wondered whether you have any tips or suggestions that may help overcome this situation. Thank you
Posted Tue, 28 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 2 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

The sensitivity and insensitivity of the penis ,are dealt with the mind and its excitability to sexual feelings ,unless otherwise he had any external defect (any neurological defects).

The erection is caused by free flow of blood inside the blood vessels of penis during excitation .

In order to provide an fruitful experience ,you have to understand the sexual need of your boyfriend.

Sexual gratification differs from person to person,that may mislead their partner ,whether he is sensitive or try to know what part of you attract him the most.

Role play is an wonderful technique, use it before having sexual relationship.

Try to wear dresses ,which are attractive to him,

Try spending a lot of time ,with him.That is the best way to know his needs.

Have yourself prepared to know your partner before sexual relationship, have wonderful experience.

Take care and let me know if you have future questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have insensitive penis. How to overcome this problem? 10 hours later
Thank you for your response. Whilst I agree with your comments, the fact this problem has been with him for 20 years through other girlfriends and even a wife, in my view, means it is more serious. Besides role play which we indulge in, are there any aids, creams you could recommend that may help. I'm willing to try anything to help him. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back,

Yes of course,there are creams like vega h(viagra )which help to increase the size of penis,by increasing the blood flow to the shaft. Using the cream during the act of intercourse ,helps him to achieve erection ,with increased sensation. The side effects associated with the tablets are always less with the cream formations.
Try to have a word with psychologist about sex XXXXXXX therapy ,which involves counselling of both of you and relieving the unnecessary fears and misconceptions. Knowing the exact defect in the partner and get treated accordingly.

Penile reconstructive surgeries are the last line of managements ,if he still experience the problem,which help him to regain his sensitization.

Take care ,let me know the improvements in follow up queries.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor