Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Have inflamed scrotum. Applied ketoconzole cream. Right treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1417 Questions
I have an inflamed scrotum from the dr trying to cure jock itch. He prescribed ketoconzole cream 2% 2x day for four weeks then mometasone furoate cream USP0.1% 2X day for two weeks. After the ketoconzole treatment I have bright red inflamed skin and several open sores. Cant use the mometasone furoate cream USP0.1% because it burns like hell. Dr's offices are closed for Xmas. . Do not want it to get infected. My scrotum hurts when I walk or move now! What course of treatment would you recommend? XXXXXXX Email: YYYY@YYYY
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 2 hours later

You should stop using mometasone , since there are open sores.Even stop ketoconzole for now.May be you had allergy to it.

Any broad spectrum antibiotic cream can help till symptoms resolve. Once these inflammation and symptoms resolve you can see doctor again to continue treatment for fungal infection with alternative medicine.Oral antihistaminics can help relieve symptoms.

Try keep scrotum covered with pads or cotton to avoid friction while walking.Keep the area dry and clean.If it suits you, you can try antifungal powders.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor