Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Have infection in mouth and crackling sound in neck. Forgetting things. What do you recommend?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 2457 Questions
I am going to list my symptoms and recent diagnoses..... not sure if any/all of them are even related or not, but wanted to give it all just in case this sounds like something serious.... or just a LOT of "little thing going wrong". I am 43 years old. Infection in mouth from absessed tooth... (JUST diagnosted.) Bacterial infection (vaginosis) Been treated for this for over a year, and still continue to have it. I began menopause (diagnosed) crackling sound in my neck when I turn my head. Had 2 ulcers behind my front bottom teeth that were pertruding. Dentist says it looks like trauma wounds to him. He gave me a medicine to put on it and it looks alot better. He did not do a biopsy. very dry mouth (figured my medications were causing this: adderall for ADD and prozac) difficulty swallowing (but not hurting) dispite being treated for ADD, I am getting worse about starting a task, then forgetting what I was doing. ex... pick up a pencil to help a student..... then then walking off and forgetting about them... A student will ask for a band aid. I will start something else completely forgetting the bandaid. My BIGGEST issue is laying something important down, then immediately forgetting where I put it. People are looking at me like I am crazy. I am WORRIED now. What does this sound like to you????? Please advice.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Need to be reviewed with investigations by doctor Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query. The symptoms what you have described could be part of the ADD you have. If I were your doctor, to rule out any other organic cause I would go for a routine physical examination of yours along with all the routine blood tests specially a blood sugar and serum lipid profile. Considering the recent development of frequent forgetfulness, I would not hesitate to advise you for a MRI brain to rule out any organic problem causing this symptom. For your mouth ulcers, I would suggest you to go for some antiseptic gargles and go for non irritating food till it heals up. In case it doesnot, you might have to get it reviewed by your doctor. I would also advise you for a proton pump inhibitor drug. In case the symptoms increase, I would advise you for getting yourself reviewed by your family physician/psychiatrist with all the investigation reports for further management. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts. Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. Wishing you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor