Owl Image

Have hypothyroid. Experiencing, shivering, cold and sneezing. Medical test normal. Any advice?

Neurologist
Question
Dear Doctor
I'm a 48 year old woman. I'm experiencing shivering since last two months. The same is followed by bad cold and sneezing. my periods are erratic. At times I do feel I have fever. I generally get chill attacks between 01 : 00 a.m. to 03: 00 a.m. I've got all possible blood, urine, ultrasound and x XXXXXXX tests done but nothing abnormal detected. This problem had occured six to seven months back and same symptoms now. Nothing could be detected then also. I've problem of hypothyroid but appears to be in normal limits at present. Please advise me and guide so tha I can get rid of this problem..

Thanx !!!
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 26 minutes later

The symptoms of shivering that you are getting for so many months at this age and association with irregular periods suggests hormonal imbalance. It is most likely a part of menopause that you are going through. Episodic feeling of chills or episodic warmth (known as hot flashes) can be seen during this period.

You can consult a gynecologist/ an endocrinologist for this. Though hormone replacement was once a popular treatment, it is not preferred by many doctors and patients now a days because of possible side effects.

Hope that answers your query. If you have more queries, i will be happy to answer.

Good luck.