Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Have hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, can I become father?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 439 Questions
i have hypogonadotropic hypogonadism can i become father to the child.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 37 minutes later

Thanks for asking.

your condition is the deficiency of the gonadotropins i.e the gonadal hormones secretion deficiency by the brain resulting in the hypogonadism or the gonadal hypo genesis.

Actually what is happening is, because of less secretion of the hormones sex organs are not properly developed.

Treatment or the fertility will depend upon he cause of lesser hormone secretion, you need to undergo scans to rule out any tumors of brain, if there is no structural problem, hormonal injections at the regular interval can lead to normalization of the hormonal levels with resultant fertility .

Please consult your doctor to start the proper investigations and treatment.


Please let me know if you need further information.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, can I become father? 58 minutes later
thanks for your reply and i am in treatment for this. before treatment i was not having any seman but i am having normal seman and good sex drive. i did scan and i dont have tumors. but my only concern was can i become father on treatment. i had tested testosterone and now its in normal level. i having further test next month. thanks my only concern was can i become father.
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 4 hours later
I think so, if your hormonal levels are getting better and there is semen production, there is a good chance for you to enjoy the parenthood.

only concern is , if the hormones remain deficient for a long period, the gonads just stop working and every case is an individual thing.It is very difficult to say which ways it will be in your case.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor