Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have huge bulge in side of scrotum. Found scrotum hernia and varicocele. Should I go for surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
I have this huge bulge in my right side of scortum. So i decided to check this with a urologist. I went in delhi and doctor advised me to do a whole abdominal and scortum scan. Once i did it it came out to be a scortum hernia and varicocle in right side. I have a huge bulge of 4-5 cm in right side when i stand up most of the time and it goes in night when i sleep. The heaviness is uncomfortable and some time is pains too. Please suggest where should i operate myself in delhi.
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 22 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Scrotal hernia definitely requires a surgery.
There are many good surgeons and hospital all over Delhi where you can get the surgery done.It would be better for you to choose some place nearby your residence.I would be able to tell a proper and specific place or surgeon once I come to know where you are residing.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have huge bulge in side of scrotum. Found scrotum hernia and varicocele. Should I go for surgery? 31 minutes later
I am residing in Alwar, Rajasthan which is 150 km away from delhi so please tell me a hospital which is not so costly and has a good reputation.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 minutes later
As far as expenses are concerned ,all famous and big hospitals have same expenses structure.You may opt for
Appollo hospital or BL XXXXXXX hospital or even XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Hospital.
If there is restraint in your budget,then some surgeon can be contacted,who can do this surgery at some middle level hospital where expenditure can be curbed.
I can even help you in that regard.If you wish,You can talk to me in evening between 6 to 9.My phone number is 0000.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor