Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Have hormonal problems, taking HCG injection. Done LH FHS test. Will I be able to conceive?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Sir i am a 30 year old girl, I am suffering from some hormonal problems (my menstruation Periods yet not start from my child hood) I also tacking HCG injection from last 2 month
Before tacking those injection I tack a LH FHS E2 test(the repot was LH=.14 FHS=.43 E2=27)
After seeing this report DR suggest me (HRH simulation test)the report was
Basal (LH=.10,FHS=.42,E2=2.50)
After 4 hour (LH=1.48,FHS=2.66,E2=2.7)
After2 4 hour (LH=.66,FHS=1.44,E2=3.0)
Seeing this report DR suggest me HCG 2000 iu (15 injection in a month) after tacking this injection my E2=10 after this result DR suggest me HGC 5000iu (15 injection in a month) ) after tacking this injection my E2=9 after this result DR suggest me HGC 0000iu,for this current month,
I so confused, those reports are ok for get pregnancy, those reports are positive for pregnancy?
It is possible that I Conceiving a baby now?
And I the hcg injection also cause of false positive pregnancy test last 10 days back I XXXXXXX a pregnancy test at 2 time in a day its comes positive its false due to HCG injection comes positive please help me & suggest me .thanks

Posted Fri, 14 Sep 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Hi, thanks for your query. You seem to be suffering from ā€¯hypogonadotropic hypogonadismā€¯. This is an entity where there is low secretion of hormones from brain. This is a problem in which you need to take exogenous gonadotropin injection called HMG for follicular growth. Unfortunately you are under wrong treatment. HCG will not help you much. Please visit an infertility specialist / IVF centre to get follicular growth scan and protocol for HMG Injections. Please get reevaluated by an IVF Specialist. I will be available for any follow up query you have. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor