Have hit the back of head. Getting blurred vision. What to do?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: I hit the back of my head hard on ice. Now im seeing a little blurry
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may need clinical examination Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Traumatic concussion injury can lead to raised intracranial pressure and blurring of vision. I you are having symptoms like nausea, vomiting, giddiness them you need to consult your doctor soon. High blood pressure also leads to blurring of vision so check your BP. When such patient comes to my hospital we usually do MRI brain if abnormality suspected. Some medication like analgesic [paracetemol] will reduce pain and throbbing. After clinical examination, medications like mannitol for raised intra cranial pressure can be started consulting your doctor. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.