Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Have history of epydidmits. Have minor discomfort in urethera. Noticed lump in the abdomen. Can this be hernia?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
Hi, I have a history of epydidmits. I recently have had a new sexual partner... and the symptoms have returned somewhat... without the pain in the testicle, minor discomfort in the urethera, but there is a small lump on the left side of my abdomen in the belt line.... it is tender to the touch and aches, I don't know if this is related to epydidmitis or if I have a hernia... I have researched that a hernia can be mistakenly diagnosed as epidydimitis... I should mention that about 3 weeks ago I "rolled" the same left testicle while biking, the symptoms returned but
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your symptoms, I feel the small lump you are having could be a enlarged lymphnode, which usually gets enlarged due to infection and will subside after the infection is cleared. And it will take sometime for the tender lymphnode to become normal.
From your symptoms and previous history I dont think it is hernia. Hernia usually enlarges while coughing or straining. And usually it is non-tender. Hence I fell it could be lymphnode.
To confirm, you need to be examined physically. I also suggest you to take a course of appropriate antibiotics and treatment of urinary tract infection(if present) after consulting your sexual health specialist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor