Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Have high fever, body pain and feeling difficulty to pee. How to get relief?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14867 Questions
I have a high fever and whole body pain. And It is hard to pee because of pain in the end of urethra.
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 3 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Usually pain in the urethra indicates urethritis which is inflammation of the urethra. This can be associated with fever.Pain in other areas may occur if the disease/infection spreads to involve other organs in the genital or urinary tract.
Urethritis can be caused by a number of different organisms (those that are associated with urinary tract infections and those that may be associated with sexually transmitted infections).

To diagnose the exact organism involved, your doctor may suggest two tests: a urine sample and a swab of the urethra. This will allow him/her to determine which antibiotic would best treat the infection.
Since the fever and co existing pain may indicate spread of the infection, you may want to consider visiting your doctor as soon as you can manage .

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor