Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Have high fever. Found tear in the rectal region. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1038 Questions
Hello Doctor,

Our 23 months old baby boy has been getting high fever (around 100.3 F) for the past one week. All his blood/urine reports are normal. He has a tear in the rectal region. He is on antibiotics and paracetamol for the last week. He is passing hard stool

Could you please let us know if the fever is a result of tear. Also let us know about the treatment.

Thanks in advance,
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 3 hours later
thanks for the query.

It is interesting and good to know that the blood and urine tests of your child came back negative. The temperature of your child though slightly elevated does not appear bad. As a matter of fact 100.3 F is not yet a fever as physical activity or some body inflammation or covering a thick blanket or pullover could cause slight increase in body temperature.

Also, with trauma or wounds body temperature could also go up a little which probably is the case with your baby.

Treatment of the tear will depend on how large and the exact position of the tear. Generally, healing is rapid in children and infection prevention, daily dressing of wound and some antibiotics are the treatment given. When the tear is large enough, suturing will be necessary.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more query, please do not hesitate, i will be glad to help.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor