Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Have high blood sugar. Have pain in legs, unable to walk properly and stand for some time. Suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 103 Questions
Hi Sir,
My father is an a sugar petient over from last 6 to 7 years, now he is suffering from a lot of legs pain, unable to walk properly and stand for some time. sir pls suggest on pain releaf of legs & controling of Sugar...
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Amit Rajput 10 hours later


Thank you for posting your query.

Your father seems to be experiencing Diabetic Neuropathy, which is one of the complications of uncontrolled diabetes.

Your father needs a good review by a physician / Diabetologist. He also needs to take medicines (probably insulin too) prescribed by his doctor after examination. There are good medicines available which decrease or eliminate neuropathy pain. But I insist you make him visit a good physician and let him get examined first.

He needs a good clinical examination to pick the signs of gangrene in a diabetic foot that happens more frequently in diabetics like him. The peripheral pulses in his feet need to be assessed. It is very important to pick up peripheral neuritis in diabetes to prevent further complications.

A good glycemic control is required to revert his symptoms back to normal.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries, if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have high blood sugar. Have pain in legs, unable to walk properly and stand for some time. Suggestion? 8 hours later
Thanks for suggestion
Answered by Dr. Amit Rajput 3 minutes later
Hello again,

I am glad you found my answer useful.

Wish your dad a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor