Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, seasonal allergies. Noticed itchy lump on spine. Thoughts?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 6946 Questions
On March 31st I noticed two lumps on my spine near my bra line. They had a slight itch and then the next day they were gone. On April 6 or 7th a had a lump on my shoulder bone and it was gone by the end of the next day. On April 9th, I had 2 lumps on my spine just under the bra line and again, they were gone the next day. Then yesterday, I had one lump on my spine about 7 inches above the bra line and it is still there, but will probably go away like the rest of them. What could be causing this?
I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol (both treated with medication); I have tachycardia (diltizem and flecainide daily-been on these for approx 2 years); I have seasonal allergies and I take vitamins. I also was put on 10mg potassium daily because I had an SVT episode (October 2012). In 1994, I had pulmonary emboli and again in 1996. Was put on coumadin until 2010 and after PSVT I now take two 81mg aspirin a day. I've had gall bladder surgery and a complete hysterctomy (1995 & 1996).
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query on Health Care Magic.

The appearance of swellings at different parts of body disappearing spontanaeously are unlikely to be due to involvement of underlying tissues.
It seems to be due to swelling of the superficial tissue.

As you have mentioned that you are prone to get allergies, these swellings could be due to allergy. Since, the swellings are occuring near the bra line, they could be due to pressure of the inner wear.

The drugs that you are taking are unlikely to cause such shifting swellings.

Avoid tight inner wear and observe the swellings.
If they still appear, then you will need to visit your doctor for clinical examination.
If they go away then they are most probably due to the pressure.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor