Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have high blood pressure and found skin growth in nostril. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2553 Questions
Hi...I have a growth inside my right nostril that looks like a booger (sp?) If I try to remove it by p
pulling on it,, it is somewhat painful and I am only able to get a little of it. makes me look lIke I have a dIrty nose. I also have hIgh blood pressure. Should I be concerned?
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

1. Kindly upload a close-up image.

2. Describe the growth in detail such as when it appeared, any history of trauma, the color and texture of the covering skin or mucosa, whether it is broad based or on a stalk, whether it is tender on touch or bleeds and so on.

3. Is it increasing in size? It should be a relatively simple job to remove (excise) it and have it checked (HPE).

4. One possibility is that you are mistaking a normal inferior nasal turbinate for a growth.

Awaiting your reply

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now