Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Have high blood pressure. What should I do to control this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
I have a high BP problem - what suggestions do you have to keep it controlled ?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for sharing your concern,

I presume you have Essential Hypertension and for which taking ERITEL H, your BP is under control (130/80 mm of Hg).

Apart from taking your medicine my suggestions are:
1) Please take less common salt < 2.5 Gms/day.
2) Please take up regular walking at least for 45 minutes daily.
3) Please take fresh fruits daily as they give Potassium.
4) Reduce stress by deep breathing exercises or Pranayam and meditation.
5) If you are overweight try to lose those extra pounds.
6) By chance if you use alcohol or smoking please stop both.
7) Please do not take analgesics frequently.
8) Take care of diet avoid animal fat and too much carbohydrates.
9) Please get your regular medical checkups.
10) Please use hormonal tablets with caution if any.

Hope this information helps you. If you have any further query, I will be available to assist you.

Dr Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor