Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Have high blood pressure. Had by pass surgery. Have hardening of arteries in both legs. Get sweats. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I have high blood pres. but under control with meds. I've blood clots, short while back. under meds. for that. I've three way by-pass on my heart; I've had pneumonia. I have hardening of the arteries in both legs. makes my toes balance is starting to show ,a little. i have a broken hip--been repaired. I get the sweats,icall them. doesn't produce water dropsbut iget just damp with something that is sticky. I have to wash right away. oh, and I am a smoker for about the last 70 yrs. and my wife just past away, so I smoke more now. I am 76 yrs. of age. question= will I live till 77 yrs.?what is your opinion ? I appreciate your time in this. I do not have a DR. right now. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 58 minutes later
Dear Madam ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well first thing i would suggest you is to quit smoking as soon as possible . If you are getting sweats that means you are getting angina sort of thing which needs prompt evaluation by a doctor , an urgent ECG , 2 D ECHO and possibly a
coronary angiography would be needed . Yes due to all good medicines and quality of treatment you will be able live much longer and lead a healthy life .

I advise you to see a cardiologist immediately for further treatment and intervention .

Hope it suffices .

Wish you good health .

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor