Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Have high SGOT. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
I have a sgot of 60. It is usually in the 30's. how concerned should I be?
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This increase is insignificant,repeat after 3month

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

Elevation in transaminase levels up to 60 which is slightly elevated. It is significant once it is more than 3 times elevated. Presently do not worry get repeat SGOT and SGPT after 3 months.

Meanwhile if you are obese or overweight then do dieting and regular exercise at least 30 min/day and if you take alcohol then please avoid it.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Radiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor