Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have high BP, sore shoulder, shortness of breath. Should I consult a doctor?

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
bp is 162/110 hb is 95, left shldr is sore and a little out of breath, when should i seek help
I had a stroke in july 2012 with no side effects.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 38 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Considering your age and past history of stroke, your blood pressure must be in controlled range.
Your blood pressure must be 130/80 mm Hg according to your age.
Your Hemoglobin is 95 and it must be around 120-140 according to sex.
Left shoulder pathology could be frozen shoulder or injury to rotator cuff.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and orthopedic surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, serum ferritin and serum iron, renal function test and x XXXXXXX of left shoulder.
Impairment of renal function is commonest with diabetes and increased blood pressure.
Chronic kidney disease may cause decreased hemoglobin.

You should take NSAIDs under guidance of your treating doctor and should take proper treatment for control of blood pressure and decreased hemoglobin.
Let me know the results of your blood reports.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor