Have high BP, frequent urination, feeling nausea and started sweating. What's wrong?

Dr. Hema Yadav

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: woke up sweating bp seems a little high,frequent urination,pulse under 60,slight nausea
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later
I hope you have got yourself evaluated by now or atleast got your BP measured.
I would require a few more details so that I can guide you to the most probable diagnosis and appropriate management .
Kindly mention your past medical history , any medications you are taking at present?, any ECG changes in the last record , any other tests done ?, any sudden change or event or stressor responsible for Blood pressure fluctuations or anxiety ? etc.
Your symptoms are suggestive of hypertension or raised blood pressure which can cause sweating , frequent urination, lowered pulse rate, headache , nausea etc.
However at your age if you have any prior illnesses or cardiovascular risk factors then it's best to rule out cardiac ischemia ( heart attack or rhythm disturbances ) even with such symptoms .
So ideally it would be best to get yourself examined by a physician as soon as feasible to rule out any significant cause .
If you have no prior illnesses or medically fit, not on medication etc still I would recommend you get your blood pressure measured and ECG taken by your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query.
Awaiting your response ,