Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Have high BP, controlled with diet. Suggest ways to loose weight?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dietitian & Nutritionist
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 228 Questions
how to loss the weight

iam Female 31 Years old my weight 75Kg
my BP level too high around 169/90 last month . now control in 125/85 i control in food plan to eg less salt, less oil , less sugar
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in Diet Plans
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 2 days later
Brief Answer:
Diet and exercises help sin weight loss

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the query.

The possible reason for the lingering weight is mainly the lack of balanced diet and activity. Diet or exercise alone would not be of much help. Hence, the key is a balanced combination of both in the daily routine.

Reducing the calorie intake and including the healthy fats like olive, corn and other vegetable oils helps. Avoid sugar and fatty fried food, instead start experimenting with healthier snacks like, sprouts chaat or Steamed preparations, like Dhokla and idli.
Enjoy variety of salads and grilled dishes, fruits and vegetables provides very good quality fiber, which is important to keep the blood cholesterol levels and body weight under control. Salt and foods containing it have to be wisely chosen. Avoid table salt, preserved food and too salty savories. While buying packed foods always read the label for its salt content and consume the food accordingly. Simple modifications in lifestyle like, taking multiple but small meals, regular exercises and increased fluid intake are found to be very effective methods of weight management.

Simple exercises like brisk walk and skipping helps in regulating the body weight. Exercises also have a positive impact on the circulation.
So, make sure that the physical activities are done on regular basis. If you have extra fat ground the waist, try sit ups, crunches and jogging.

Hope this would Help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor