Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have high BP and heart rate. Back neck is aching. Suggest medication?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14968 Questions
Pls help me I am a male Asian 40 year old, my blood pressure since this afternoon is 150/110 pulse rate is 105 to 110, my back neck is still aching, pls help me what medicine I need to take, pls asap
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 47 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

There are different types of blood pressure medications available, they work in different ways.
The main ways these medications work are : (1) to dilate or widen the blood vessels and therefore decrease the pressure in these blood vessels
(2) to help the body lose any excess fluids, excess fluid volume is a common cause of high blood pressure and
(3) slow down the heart rate, so the heart does not have to work as hard

Losartan works to decrease the pressure in the blood vessels , it also helps remove some of the excess fluids.

To further decrease your blood pressure and reduce your heart rate , you may want to add a beta blocker.
This type of medication would decrease your pulse and blood pressure.

There are different beta blockers, some of the most common are metoprolol, bisoprolol, carvediol and labetalol.

If your blood pressure and heart rate remains high, your doctor may suggest one of these.

They are all effective.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor