Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Have high BP, TMT showed ischemia. No history of heart disease. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cardiologist, Interventional
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 424 Questions
Hello Doctor
My husband is 55 years old and 15 days back had some giddiness through the day and went to a local doctor who checked his blood pressure and noted 140/90 and advised him to consult a cardiologist after which we got his ECG done which is normal. He does not have any other symptoms and feeling well. Yesterday we just went to cardiologist for a checkup n he advised to undergo TMT, which is showing positive for inducible ischemia. Please let me know if he has any complications related to his heart. There is no family history of any heart disease to my knowledge and hypertension runs in the family.

Thanks and regards
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 31 minutes later

A positive TMT means possibility of the blockage in arteries of the heart. But it is only screening and means only possibility and calls for further evaluation.

Depending on the severity of changes further steps needs to be taken. If it has shown significant changes than go ahead and have Coronary Angiogram done. If it is minor changes and doctor also feels it is borderline than you can go for CT coronary angiogram.

You may also get back to me by uploading TMT graph so that I can very objective in my answer.

Thanks and Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have high BP, TMT showed ischemia. No history of heart disease. Suggest? 43 hours later
We took a CT coronary angiography and the results shows;
1. 30 to 40% stenosis of proximal LCX, mid and distal RCA.
2. 20 to 30% stenosis of proximal LAD.

Please let me know if this can be treated medically or to undergo surgery.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 16 hours later
A medical management can be opted in the hands of a skilled cardiologist. The treating doctor knows the protocols to manage. Let me know if you have further concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor