Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Have hemorrhoid and getting yeast infection after intercourse. How to get rid of it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14958 Questions
hi i really need to know if ihave herpes or just a yeast infection, i have been getting yeast infections for a while, i get them after i have sex, i had sex the other night and i noticed i have ulcer looking things on the inside of my vagina and they are spreading to my anus, they are itchy and they sting heaps when i pee... ive been with my boyfriend for a year and only now have i started getting these ulcer things... is it herpes or some kind of weird yeast infection.? my discharge is also yellowish and has little white clumps in it also has a bit of a bad odor.. help please im desperate!!!!!!!!! y

i also have another problem... i have had a hemorrhoid since i can remember probably for about 6 years and only now has it caused me great problems, it is taking over my whole anus! it is XXXXXXX and external, it looks like it full of blood it is basically dark blue and i have to push it in or else it wont stay in... i also had a look down there and they was a bit of white stuff coming out of it i dont know if it could have a yeast infection too but will i have to have surgery? or is there a natural way to get rid of them?
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 28 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Yeast infections are caused by candida. They would normally present with white yellow vaginal discharge and vaginal itching. As a result of the small cuts that occur because of the itching, burning occurs on urination.The itching and discharge that you have described sound like a vaginal yeast infection which can be treated with topical creams and ovules that are usually available over the counter. There is also the option of using oral medication like diflucan, this would require a prescription. If you continue having repeated yeast infections then you may need to consider whether your partner needs to be treated especially since they occur after intercourse. Yeast infections are rare in men but can occur.
Yeast infections are not associated with ulcer like lesions.

It is possible to have more than one infection at a time. Herpes normally presents with small 'water bumps' or blister like lesions that may then turn into small ulcers. They are associated with pain.Detection of herpes requires a blood test. If you did not notice any water bumps or pain then it is possible that there is no co existing yeast infection, but it may be best to be screened to make sure. The small cuts may be due to the extensive itching associated with the yeast infection.

The only definitive treatment for hemorrhoids is surgery.
The other treatments such as change in diet is meant to reduce the recurrence and severity of the hemorrhoids.
If you use a high fiber diet (alot of fruits and vegetables, whole grain foods such as brown rice/pasta/flour/bread, oats) then they do not recur as often. In addition the use of stool softeners to reduce straining is also helpful.
If they are really irritating it may be best to visit your doctor for an assessment and possible referal for a surgical consult.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have hemorrhoid and getting yeast infection after intercourse. How to get rid of it? 10 minutes later
can you please tell me about the surgery required for hemorrhoids... the procedure, healing time etc
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 29 minutes later
Hi, the surgery is called hemorrhoidectomy which is basically the removal of the hemorrhoids.
IT is done either under general or spinal anesthesia.
It is usually done as a day case and persons go home the same evening of the procedure.
Most persons recover within 2 to 3 weeks.

There are other procedures that general surgeons can also do to treat hemorrhoids called sclerotherapy (use of chemicals that are injected to cause the hemorrhoids to shrink), rubber band ligation (bands are placed in the rectum above the hemorrhoids restricting their supply and causing them to shrink), infra red coagulation (using heat to cause the hemorrhoids to shrink).

You may want to consider speaking to your GP regarding which option may be best for you.

Please feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have hemorrhoid and getting yeast infection after intercourse. How to get rid of it? 37 hours later
what are the health risks if herpes are not treated, also hemmorhoids?
how much roughly would a surgical procedure to get rid of the hemmorhoids cost?
is it possible that the hemmorhoids are way too big and it ruins your anus?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 hours later
The only risk for herpes would be the possibility of increased discomfort with an acute infection and prolonged course before it resolves, no other risks. Some persons who have herpes have frequent recurrences and use medication to suppress the virus and reduce the number of acute episodes.

in terms of the cost, I am not sure if your system is public or private. In case where all the procedures are done privately as in the United States, it may cost about $1000 to $ 1500. If you have a public health care system then it may be possible to have a referral from your GP to a publicly based surgeon.

They do ruin the anal canal, they are associated with alot of pain and bleeding , and there is the possibility in some persons that the external become trapped outside and become strangulated but no other risks in terms of anal size.

Please feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor