Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Have hemorrhoid. Noticed blood in stool and yellow urine. How to overcome this problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9398 Questions
just saw a thin red line of blood on my stool. urine is a yellow color. I do have hemmroids. Do not have insurance to cover a doctor's visit.
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hello ma'am.

Thank you for your query.

Hemorrhoids can cause painless bleeding at the end of a bowel movement. Blood in the stool can be a sign of a complex problem and requires to be evaluated by a doctor. It would be best if you could visit a doctor, treatment suggestions might include: hydrocortisone creams, suppositories, pads, etc. If required minimal invasive procedures or even surgery would be recommended.

In the meantime, you could have:
-Plenty of water
-Mild forms of exercise (that does not involve lifting of heavy objects)
-Sufficient amount of fiber in your diet (vegetables, whole grains, etc.)
-Ice or cold packs applied locally

All these remedies provide temporary relief, complete relief will only be provided by a doctor. I request you to kindly visit your doctor at the earliest. Please write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be glad to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have hemorrhoid. Noticed blood in stool and yellow urine. How to overcome this problem? 35 minutes later
I don't have medical insurance.... who to cure otherwise...
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 14 minutes later

Thank you for your response. As I mentioned earlier, your condition requires proper investigation by a doctor, which would only be the best way to completely cure your condition. However, as you have a limitation, the treatment will also be limited and might or might not provide complete relief. The possibilities as of now would be:

-A hydrocortisone cream (eg. Hytone, Ala-cort, Proctocort, Locoid, Cortril ointment, Cortef ointment, Texacort, Westcort, etc.). To be gently applied around the anus in the morning and at night for 2-6 days. Caution advised as this can have side effects. Please visit a doctor if you experience side effects like rash, difficulty breathing or swallowing, itching, infections, burning, cracking of skin)
-H,TUCKS (containing witch hazel) medicated pads to be used locally
-Ice or cold packs on affected area
-Increase fiber in your diet
-Plenty of water

I hope this helps you, without having any adverse effects. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor