Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have heart disease, had stent put. Experienced tightness in throat, on BP medicine. Have neck pain. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5767 Questions
I am 61 year old male and have heart disease. I had a stent put in almost 3 years ago. Back in early August while unloading the car I experienced a tightness in my throat and a few times after that while doing yard work. I am on medication for blood pressure and cholesterol. Blood pressure runs 83/133 . Also am experiencing some pain in my neck and rubbing of vertebrae in my neck. My doctor added some nitroglycerine to my medication list but wants me to have a heart XXXXXXX What's your opinion
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cardiologist should decide about coronarography.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Generally its cardiologist who should decide about coronarography, not your regular doctor. For sure, as heart arteries disease has been diagnosed, you are at higher risk of heart attack. Even after stent insertion, this arteries can get obstructed again. Tightness in the chest is one of the heart issue symptom.
I suggest you to visit a cardiologist. Stress test should be done and coronarography considered indeed. It may happen that heart surgery might be necessary in the future.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Emergency Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor