Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have healing vesicles at the base of penis. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1038 Questions
I have healing vesicles at the base of my penis
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

Vesicles on the genital area makes one think of conditions like Herpes simplex, syphilis or herpes zoster.

Herpes simplex is a viral infection that present usually with blister lesions occurring in multiple on the same area, and are red, painful, fluid-filled blisters that break open and crust over. It is sexually transmissible and once contracted, it does not get cured but antivirals can be used to reduce the frequency of occurrence, transmission and symptoms.

Syphilis unlike Herpes is caused by a bacteria and usually present with just a single blister around the junction between the glans penis and the shaft although multiple blisters can occur. Syphilis blisters are painless and usually hard.

Common laboratory test can be used to diagnosed the above two infections. Unlike herpes, syphilis can be treated with antibiotics and the patient declared cured.

You should consider discussing in detail with your Doctor to do tests in this direction of syphilis, herpes and other possible sexually transmissible infections such as condyloma etc if you are sexually active.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be ready to help. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answer.

Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor