Have headaches, nausea and pain in both arms. Any cure?

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Question: my 14 yr old nephew is complaining of headaches, nausea and pain in both arms?
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 5 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I would like some additional information before I answer your query.

1. Since when has the headache started? Is it present on the forehead, temples, centre of the head, back of the head or neck?
2. Is it associated with any fever or vomiting?
3. Does your nephew have any anxiety issues; which might be causing a tension headache?
4. Does your nephew have any burning sensation in the chest or abdomen? Any history of gastritis /acidity?
5. Any history of migraine in the family?

The possibilities are Migraine, Stress/ Anxiety, Acidity/gastritis, viral fever/illness. Do get back to me with the above details, which might help in narrowing it down .

As a immediate measure to relieve the headache, he could take an over the counter pain relief medication like paracetamol/tylenol.

I hope I have answered your question. Please do get back to me if you have further queries.

Have a great day :)

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow up: Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 15 hours later
He had the flu with fever about a week ago and no appetite. no vomiting.
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
It could be part of the viral illness /flu . Give it one more week. If he is still not feeling better, it would be a wise idea to take him to a doctor.

Most viral illnesses take up to 2 weeks to fully recover. In the meantime, make sure he is well hydrated;make sure he has 8-10 glasses of water a day;preferably warm water.

Paracetamol or tylenol might help. Eating well balanced meals is essential.