Have headache with pressure around nose and behind eyes. Related to hormone?

Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: hello
I have headache with pressure around nose and sometimes behind eyes, it has been there for two weeks now. It gets worse during the day, talking to someone or reading makes it worse. My eyes burn a bit. This squeezing pressure around nose makes me go crazy. I have also done image of sinuses last year, it was all clear, no deviations. My left nose feels bit congested but not much, I can breath. Could this be related to hormones? Any other ideas>
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for the query

The symptoms you are having are more in consistent with sinusitis which enters into chronic phase after persistence of three weeks. the image you did last time was about a year ago while the sinusitis is an infection that is caused by oppurtunistic bacteria and can occur anytime during the year and even more them one time in a year.

All you need is to have a fresh x-ray PNS and should it your doctor for prescription of antibiotics.

If you still have some query, feel free 2 ask.

THANKS
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 15 hours later
Thank you very much Dr. XXXXXXX

I find it strange that it is bacterial infection without any fewer. But I do feel tired. And I had a cold. Is there a chance this will go without antibiotics?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Thanks for the reply

Sometimes there is low grade fever in chronic conditions. High grade fever runs mostly in acute conditions.

Antibiotic cover is necessary for bacterial elimination so it is recommended to get it prescribed by your doctor

if you still have some query, feel free to ask.

THANKS