Have headache, started vomiting and diarrhea. What am I suffering from?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Infections
Question: I had a headache all last night but felt fine for work this morning. Then I had to leave work and barely made it home with vomiting and diarrhea. Still sick with dry heaves. I thought for sure that I had a virus but what concerns me is the flushing. My face feels like it is on fire but no fever.
My brother had me concerned bc he mentioned lupus. If I had it all the time I would be concerned. I think it is just viral
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello
Although there is flushing of face in lupus but there are other common symptoms like fatigue,fever and painful joints in lupus.So I don't think it is LUPUS.
Your presentation of symptoms clearly point towards a viral infection,as being thought by you.
Take rest and plenty of oral fluids.
You should be all right in couple of days.
May take some analgesic for headache.

Please revert to me if there is any other concern.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
You are most welcome to ask any question anytime.
Thanks