Owl Image

Have headache and started passing foul smelling gas. What is going on?

Psychiatrist
Question
I am not sure what is going on I first thought I had a cold about three weeks ago then all of a sudden I started passing foul smelling gas continuously I couldn't hardley be around anyone. Next I started having severe headaches over my right eye and in my forehead it hurts to even blink my eye. This has been going on for over two weeks. Can these two be connected?
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for posting query in the health care magic.
Your head ache and passing of gases cannot be related to each other.
From the complains that you have stated it appears that you are having frontal sinusitis. It is an inflammatory condition of the frontal sinus mostly cause of infectious etiology.
You should take steam inhalations, anti histaminics like Tablet cetrizine 10 mg once daily. You would also need to see your physician for a prescription of antibiotics. If the symptoms do not resolve then in that case, a X-ray to evaluate the sinuses would be needed
Headache can also appear cause of depression. As you have stated that you have depression, you headache can be a part of it. Please see your psychiatrist if the pain persists > 2 weeks.
Let me know if you have any more questions