Have headache. Feeling pulsating sensation and dizzy. Looking for cure

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Had head aches for 5 days straight? Don't know why dizzy and pressure. Not sure if it comes and goes or gets worste and lessens and worst again. At night I feel dizzy an feel a pulse in which ever side I turn my head too
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

1.Do you have any history of migraines?
2.Any fever or vomiting right now?
3.Any anxiety issues, which might be the cause of headache?
4.How is your blood pressure.Might want to get your blood pressure checked as high BP can also present with headache.
5.Any history of visual disturbances along with the headache.

For temporary relief take a tylenol/paracetamol for the headache.
Drink warm water at regular intervals. Dehydration can cause headaches.
Do eat well balanced meals. Low blood sugar levels(hypoglycemia) can also cause headaches.

If the headache has been present for 5 days at a stretch, I would definitely advise you to visit your physician for a thorough evaluation.

I hope I have answered your question. Please do get back to me if you have further queries.

Have a great day :)

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan

Follow up: Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 17 hours later
My blood pressure is normally checked it last night. No history of headaches at all I eat 1900 calories a day, typically 28-30 percent protein 45-50 percent carbs and 20-25 percent fat while maintaining 25 grams of fiber.I drink only water. As far as vision problems I notice my eyes were dialated yesterday. The pain gets worste then dies down then gets worste again. Its more towards the sides of my head and sometimes the back but never pain on top or in front. I have a clogged ear as well if that makes a difference?
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 17 hours later
If you have a clogged ear, cold etc, the headache that you are having now could be due to sinusitis.

Please do steam inlahalation 3-4 times a day.
Tylenol/Paracetamol 3 times a day might also help.
Drink warm water at regular intervals.

Please visit your doctor , as , if your headache is due to sinusitis you will need to take antibiotics and decongestants.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan