Have hashimoto's and raynauds. Using steroid cream for neck rash. Are they related?

Dr. Ketan Vagholkar

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have had a neck rash come & go for the last couple of months & was diagnosed with Hashimoto's the beginning of November. It can be itchy sometimes & other times it is more flushed than anything. Can this be caused by Hashimoto's? My doctor has given me a steroid cream to use for it, but not sure what it causing it. I only have it on my neck. Also, I have Raynauds which my feet & hands can be cold but they also sometimes will turn bright red, swell & feel hot for no reason. Can just be sitting still & they do it while in the house. Maybe that could have something to do with it. Tired of trying to figure it out.
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 12 hours later
thanks for writing in.
Since you already have Hashimoto's and Raynauds there is a high likelihood of you suffering from some connective tissue disorder or autoimmune disorder. There is a high likelihood of it being early SLE. You need to consult a endocrinologist who would advise you the various specific tests which will aid in the diagnosis.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards