Have hardened vein in scrotum. Getting erection and ejaculation problem. Proper diagnosis?
Thank you for writing to us.
First of all, are you sure this is a new development and was not something present earlier (a part of the normal anatomy, that you might not have noticed earlier)? Also are you experiencing any testicular pain? If you are sure this is nothing that was present earlier, and is definitely something new, then you should visit a doctor for an examination and accordingly get treated.
The condition you could most probably be suffering from is called varicocele. A varicocele is/are dilated or tortuous veins of the spermatic cord. Varicocele's are mostly unilateral (one-sided), although they can be bilateral (both sided) as well, and are most commonly seen on the left side.
Diagnosis mainly consists of a physical examination by a doctor and checking of hormonal levels. An ultrasound of the testes is also occasionally done to analyze the condition of the testes on the affected side.
Treatment almost always consists of watchful waiting or surgical repair (but only if the problems/symptoms of the varicocele are troublesome).
Thus I request you to please visit your doctor for a proper and elaborate evaluation. I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, and I would be happy to help.
If you have been experiencing these complaints of inability or diminished erection and problems with ejaculation only most recently and not from before the varicocele were present, then this could indeed be because of the varicocele. These symptoms are commonly seen with varicocele.
Do not worry, please visit your doctor at the earliest for proper management and prior to that, a diagnosis of your condition.
Wishing you the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of scrotum seborrheic keratosis
- Diagnosis of Premature ejaculationalism
- Diagnosis of erection disorder
- Diagnosis of Pain during ejaculation
- Diagnosis of red scrotum syndrome
- Diagnosis of scrotum irritation
- Diagnosis of Retrograde ejaculation
- Diagnosis of Premature ejaculation
- Diagnosis of scrotum skin infection
- Diagnosis of scrotum injury
- Taking nexium for gastritis and hiatus hernia. Feeling bloated. Looking...
- Had intercourse during menstruation. Missed next period. Is there any...
- Have itchy painful scalp with no rash. How to diagnose my symptoms?
- Taking antibiotic after knee replacement. Test showed low white blood...
- Noticed purple lump on bottom of eyelid. Hurts to touch and feeling...
- Taking medicine for sacroiliac pain. Lung stopped working after taking...
- Itchy rashes appeared on hand, feeling mild pain at the back of neck and...
- Have severe anger issues and pain in chest. How to get relief?
- Dark reddish spot appeared on back of neck. How to remove this?
- Taking medicine for BP. Noticed erectile dysfunction and small penis...