Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Have hard white bumps on penis and pus filled bump under armpit. Cause and cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
Hi there

I am 22 year old male and have a bad skin problem. I have hard white bumps on my penis and scrotum some are in irregular shapes. I also have darkening of the skin around that area and also my elbows and knees with similar bumps there. I have also on a few occasions has bigger pus filled bumps on the very inside of my groin and under my armpit.

I have been meaning to see a doctor but was slightly nervous of the outcome. Recently itching has become a bit more intense (especially in the anal region) and also the smaller firmer bumps are more present on my chest and back of my neck as well as basically what appears to be minute pus filled softer bumps around my skin follacles. I also have a growing hair loss problem which i'm not sure has a relation to the main problem or not.

My own looking into the problem led me to suspect folliculitis but I wasn't sure whether there may be other problems going on as well.

Really appreciate any help here and hopefully the information you give me will encourage me to go and see a doctor and get this resolved.

Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from can be sebaceous cyst and follicular hyperkeratosis.
The scrotal swellings are sebaceous cyst and they can be removed by small OPD procedure at dermatologist or surgeons clinic.The pus filled reddish skin lesions can be furuncles which are bacterial infection and treated by topical and oral antibiotics.You can apply mupirocin or fusidic acid ointment over them ,twice daily fot five days.
Oral antibiotics like doxycycline or amoxycillin will help in faster resolution.
Also I would like to know-
Do you have pain/itching over the area?
Since when you have this?
Is there any discharge from scrotal lesions?
can you upload photos of the affected area?
The photographs can help a lot to predict the condition.
Upload the photographs and answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.
A little more information on the duration and symptoms will help a lot.
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor