Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

130 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have hard spots on the back. What it could be?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I have a spot on my back which feels like a hard shell. My daughter says is black with skin coloured XXXXXXX hole" in middle. Not very large.
Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 40 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

The lesion you described sounds like an epidermal cyst. These are very benign accumulation of keratinous material. But, it should be confirmed by clinical examination.

All you have to do is to consult a general surgeon for clinical examination. If required, investigations like Fine needle aspiration cytology should be considered. And lastly, excision is required. If clinically required, you can also consult with a skin specialist.

Hope this information is suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now