Have hard lump on the end of tailbone. Sore to touch. What could it be?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i have a hard lump on the end of my tailbone. it feels like bone and about the size of a large marble. i had to sit for about 7 straight hours the other day and now it is very sore. what kind of lump could this be. it is tender when i push on it and tender to sit on. does not bother me when i walk
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

The information you have provided points to a subcutaneous swelling, which could be a Lipoma, fibroma or a cyst

To come to a conclusive diagnosis you need to get examined by a surgeon and/or go for an ultrasound examination

In most cases simple excision is the only cure

Hope this helps
DO write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead