Have hair fall problem. Will it be cured by morr f solution along with finpecia tablets?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Hair Loss
Question: Dear Doctor,
I'm 25 years old guy, I always had thin hair and big forehead and never had Hair fall problems. Off late I noticed that my scalp is noticeably visible. I notice Hair fall only when oiling which otherwise I do not see. My Trichologist referred me Morr F solution along with Finpecia Tablets (4 Months). Can I expect a good hair growth from these? Would you recommend a specific diet? Also, I wanted to know the correct usage of Morr F Solution, should the solution be massaged onto the scalp after dropping it from the pipette or does it need to be left as it is without massaging. Please advise. Thanks so much for your help.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering from is androgenetic alopecia.It is hormone related and progressive condition if not treated early.
You are given correct prescription so far.
Apply MorrF lotion 1ml twice daily over scalp.little massage over the scalp after application after application of morr lotion will help in absorption.
Avoid oil application before morr lotion application.it decreases morr lotions absorption.
Regarding diet include XXXXXXX leafy vegetables in diet also take fresh fruits,fruit juices, amla,lemon juice in diet. include soya products in diet as they have good quality proteins.
Also 1 tablet of multivitamin multimineral amino acids daily can help alot in predicting the condition.one such supplement is available called Keraglo men capsule.one capsule daily is recommended dose.it covers all the dietary requirements.
With the addition of this to your treatment will guarantee you good results.
Hope this helps .
I will be available for follow up.
Dr XXXXXXX
MD dermatologist
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 2 days later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for addressing my queries. I will enhance my diet as per your suggestion.
However, may I know if Keraglo men capsule should be taken along with Fenpecia Tablets that I'm already taking every night ?

And Doctor, do these medicines induce new hair growth or just control hair fall ? I'm worried about the hair that I have already lost considerably, would you suggest I go for some hair fixing/transplant to restore my old look in addition to taking this medicinal therapy to control hair fall ?

Lastly, I noticed thrice so far some hair falling whenever I shampoo that is XXXXXXX Baby Shampoo as advised, is this common when switching shampoos because I have been using Sunsilk so far ?

Thank you very much for your time.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
You can take finpecia.Combination treatment is more effective.
switching shampoo's frequently can lead to hair loss.Stick to any one shampoo that you feel is good for you.
The treatment also induces new hair formation.the hair that have become miniatured again go long and strong.You can go for hair implantation once the hair loss is stabilized and hair growth has started.
Also these medication are used as pre requisit for hair grafting.So continue the medication for 6 month then you can think about surgical options.
Hope this helps .
Follow up: Dr. Sudarshan 15 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you very much for your guidance. Every bit of information you have provided helps me in some way.

Lastly, I request you to recommend best and reasonable Trichologists available in Bangalore specially for the surgical procedures we spoke earlier and a little insight into the associated costs. I would be happy to XXXXXXX you in person too if that is offered.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 6 hours later
Hi again,
The hairline clinic at Jaynagar in benglore is good for the procedures.
Meeting in person is not possible as Iam based at ahmedabad.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please accept it and rate it at the end.