Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have had yeast infections after delivery. Diagnosed with lichen sclerosis. Proper treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 828 Questions
I have had yeast infections every month since I had my son 6 years ago I can't seem to get any help from it. I have been to two obgyn drs. They said I have lichen sclerosis and that's why I have the infection every month but I think there has to be another answer . I get it every month 1 week before my period.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 26 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us on health care magic.

Could you please give a detailed information regarding your symptoms so as to come to a right diagnosis.
1. Do you have vaginal discharge? color? amount? is it fowl-smelling and itchy?
2. Do you have any other lesions on vulva? blisters? redness?
3. Did you get a vaginal swab lest before?
4. Have you done your pap and colposcopy before?

Waiting your your reply.
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have had yeast infections after delivery. Diagnosed with lichen sclerosis. Proper treatment? 13 minutes later
At time I have discharge, itchy red rash insider of opening of vagina. I have had several tests before come back as yeast. One time they thought I had bacterial infection gave me medicine for that and stop symptoms for couple months then back to same thing again. I have had cone biopsy and leap procedure done due to dysplasia about 5yrs ago I get yearly checkup no problems with that but just the monthly infections. I'm not diabetic either I've been tested for that also. I get yearly pap every year .
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for the follow up reply.

You are suffering from resistant yeast infection. Yo have to take fluconazole oral tablets and clotrimazole vaginal pessaries for a prolonged period of time. There are many protocols for the treatment of resistant yeast infection.
Discuss the same with your Gynecologist.
Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor